The Aspiring governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) Parliamentary candidate Silas Amoah through his Foundation has pledged to support the Ghana Journalists Association (GJA) in the Upper East Region with a total amount of Ten thousand Ghana Cedis (Ghc 10,000.00) ahead of their preparations to organize the second edition awards for journalists in the Region.
The NPP Communication Director for the governing party in the Bolga East Hon. Atere Ayinbila made the pledge on behalf of Mr. Silas Mathew Amoah during the launching of the second edition of the Upper East GJA award in the Region.
Members of the Association are expected to file their stories to the selected committee chairman.
Entrants must meet the following additional requirements:
1. Entrants may submit entries for a maximum of TWO CATEGORIES, and NOT MORE THAN THREE. Published works should be submitted for each category.
2. However, one work SHALL NOT be entered in MORE THAN ONE CATEGORY.
3. Entrants should submit CLEAR, ORIGINAL published works and FOUR (4) photocopies of each entry.
4. All entries must show the date of publication/broadcast and the medium in which the work was published. News Agency stories carried by the conventional media or on the Internet shall be considered as published.
5. Radio and TV entrants should submit ONE AUDIO RECORDING (STORAGE DEVICE) in addition to FOUR (4) AUTHENTICATED COPIES of the original broadcast script.
6. Every entry should clearly indicate the category of competition and must bear the name, address, and telephone number (s) of the applicant.
Entries/Nominations should be titled UE GJA MEDIA AWARDS 2023.
8. The deadline for the submission of entries is on Tuesday, August 29, 2023 at 5:00pm.
Entries/Nominations should be addressed to:
The 2nd GJA Awards Vetting Committee
Upper East Region.
NB: The GJA is NOT bound to give an award in a category if it does not merit one.
According to the GJA Regional Chairman William Jalulah, he has no doubt that the Awards Vetting Committee will do a good job.
“Let me assure my colleagues who will be competing in the awards that we will have very good packages for winners. So, if you wish to compete, please ensure you take your time to read the requirements for entry carefully and also make sure you submit very competitive works that can compete favorably”. He cautioned
The award is scheduled for Friday, October 6, 2023, with the theme: Safeguarding the Peace and Security of The Upper East Region: The Role of The Media
For publication please kindly contact us on 0256336062 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org