The opposition National Democratic Congress in the Upper East welcomes President Akufo Addo in the Region as they use the opportunity to remind the President some of his numerous promises made the people of the Upper East Region.
In a press release captured by Apexnewsgh.com which was released on Tuesday, October 6, 2020, by the Regional Party communication Office, the NDC party in the region are demanding President Akufo Addo to commission the following 10 projects listed below.
Read the full details:
Press Release to all Media Houses !
Date: 6th October, 2020.
NDC-UPPER EAST REGION WELCOMES PRESIDENT AKUFFO-ADDO INTO THE REGION.
The NDC- Upper East Region warmly welcomes President Akufo-Addo into the Region for his two day tour of the Region.
Whilst welcoming the President into the Region, we would like to use the opportunity to remind the President of some of his numerous promises made to the people of the Upper East Region.
And knowing that he has been in government for nearly four years, with just two months to elections, we wish that he would indulge us and commission the following projects in the Region for use:
1. He should commission a 1V1D in Bongo: A project he cut sod for on 20th July 2018. As it may be recalled on the 20th Akufo-Adddo, at a durbur of chiefs in Bongo cut sod for the 1V1D project. As part of his address, after the sod-cutting, the President said the Bongo District will be given 10 of the small scale irrigation Dams.
2. A senior High School in the Upper East Region. As our share of the 350 S.H.S. he promised us at UDS-Navrongo Campus in 2016. In 2016, at UDS-Navrongo campus Akufo-Addo promised to build 350 SHSs in the first 18 months of his government.
3. Commission 15 factories in all the 15 Assemblies of the Upper East Region. .
Whilst we are not oblivious of the fact that the Trade and Industry Minister, Alan Kyeremanten, said in Parliament on 8th November 2018, that no business promotor or investor is interested in the Upper East Region.
We will expect Akufo-Addo to commission at least one(1) factory in the Upper East Region as part our share of 1District 1Factory Policy.
4. Commission a Regional theatre in Bolgatanga, the regional capital of the Upper East Region. As he promised in their 2016 manifesto.
5. Commission a Police Hospital in Bolgatanga for the Ghana Police Service, to cater for the health needs of police personnel and the people of Upper East Region. As promised in the NPP’s 2016 manifesto.
6. Commission a District Hospital in the Upper East Region, as our share of the 1District 1Hospital promise in the NPP 2016 manifesto. There are seven districts that still do not have district hospitals.
7. Commission the mechanism that their 2016 manifesto promised to put in place to capture flood waters released by the annual spillage of the Bagre Dam in Burkina Faso.
8. Commission the Kumasi – Paga railway project they promised the people of the Upper East Region in their 2016 manifesto.
9. Commission all upgraded District Hospitals in the Region as promised in their 2016 manifesto.
10. Commission WiFi connectivity installations in the various SHSs in the Upper East Region.
Ahmed Saeed Tijani (RCO)
Sunday Casper Kampoli (DRCO)
Apexnewsgh.com/Ghana/Ngamegbulam Chidozie Stephen
Please kindly contact Apexnewsgh.com on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for your credible news publications.
Great job dear.